Emperor Rhodium,22k Amboyna Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pete00

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

Well this is it, i thought it would be a little smaller than the statesman. There just about the same size except the emperor look bigger im guessing because its not tappered on bottom.

Didnt have a bushing to turn bottom so i locked tha calipers to the
trim ring on the nib coupler and turned. I must have measured the blank about a thousand times the fit came out pretty good.

Out side of a nasty kickback on tabel saw that left a half dollar size welt on my arm(face shield always on), it turn out well.

200642151046_emperor%20sm%20DSC01462.jpg

with the wood

200642151247_Emperor%20with%20wood%20sm%20DSC01431.jpg

to give you a comparison. baron(from jbyrd24),statesman,emperor,

20064215171_emp%20state%20jbd%20sm%20DSC01460.jpg

only one problem look to the right and you'll see a couple of gray "wet spots" not sure what or why.

After sanding with mm. dna, coat of ca and sanded again with mm then anothe coat ca. This coat came out a little rough so i sanded a little and then used novus2, then ca again. Didnt notice the spots until i was all done and put together. You dont notice them unless your looking for it with the light just right. Ill just call them (ahhhh.... brain cramp) that word for silvery shinny spots in wood.

200642152328_emp%20state%20sm%20spot%20DSC01453.jpg

comments welcome
thanks....pete

lets see what am i playing with next.
(hint) hmmm...sounds like a fishy story to me...:):D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Johnathan

Wonderful looking pens, The king of kits with the king of woods. I like it. I think it would be worth puting it back on the lathe to fix those spots. Even if their hard to see, that's going to drive you nuts![:D]

pete00

Originally posted by Johnathan
<br />Wonderful looking pens, The king of kits with the king of woods. I like it. I think it would be worth puting it back on the lathe to fix those spots. Even if their hard to see, that's going to drive you nuts![:D]

funny you would say that......it is..[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Rifleman1776

Where do I start?
OK, thanks that you were not seriously injured with the table saw accident. I once had a kickback that put me down for about 15 min. and hurt like [}:)]
Comparison: thanks, again. I needed that. Did not realize they were so much bigger than the Baron. Puts things in perspective. Surprised no one else has done that sooner.
Finally: the Emperor: knock out, elegant, well done, atta boy.

micah

I just love Amboyna. It just looks reagal to me!
Unfortunantly, around here I have not found a market for it. Kinda strange i know.
Great job. I love it.
Micah

clewless

Show the pen to the wife and see if she picks out the "flaws", bet she doesn't...and likely no one else would if you (we) didn't obsess on them.

I think it's marvelous and would be happy to have it.[}:)]

Trade a bottle of Capt. Morgan for it?

pete00

Originally posted by clewless
<br />Show the pen to the wife and see if she picks out the "flaws", bet she doesn't...and likely no one else would if you (we) didn't obsess on them.

I think it's marvelous and would be happy to have it.[}:)]

Trade a bottle of Capt. Morgan for it?

hmmm.....ahh how big a bottle (drunken smily face)...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom