Emperor and Empress in Two-Tone Resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveRoberts

Along the same lines as my Mammoth/Kauri pens of an earlier post, I tried to replicate the proportions and color scheme in a burgundy and creme resins from Pedigree Woods, these are being sold as a set.

Anyone else like the color scheme?

2006823048_pairEs.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Nice work. I personally feel that the ornate kits go better with a more sedate blank to avoid competition between the kit and the blank, but different strokes for different folks.

OKLAHOMAN

Steve your really starting to pi-- me off[:D][:D]no wonder Nils can't fill any Emperor orders you got them all!!! As always wonderful job, your talents are only exceeded by your marketing skills

redfishsc

The creme color does the pen good. I'm not crazy about the garnet color, perhaps if it had a bit more pearlescence to it.

And ditto the above. The ivory was eye-candy insanity. Great job.

SteveRoberts

Oh, don't get me wrong guys, the ivory/kauri is a better combo but this was 90% less expensive on the materials. I think it has it's place. I just like the proportions.

Roy,
I had to wait 9 weeks for my last Emperors that I bought in provo. Nils makes us all wait!

If I had known then what I know now, I would have ordered more. The 60 I got are half gone and that was supposed to last a year.

Steve

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Steve,

Suggest using the imitation ivory with that red. Think it would be a nicer look without quite so much "action" in the blanks.

but then, you sell a lot more high end pens than I do, so remember my advice is worth every penny you did not pay.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />After looking at the pic again, maybe alt ivory for the entire top?????

The whole top vs. partial top is a decided issue, it looks like two pens combined if they are both differnet materials. The imitation ivory has been an underperformer in terms of sales, they say..."oh plastic" and pass it over. I did a lot of tow material two tones and they sold ok, we will see how these do.

Thanks.
Steve

Gary Max

I like the band (oops). To me it highlights the center band. If it was not part of the pen --the center band would not show off as well.
Customers ain't ever heard of a OOP's anyway.
Steve when you started out with awesome it's hard to beat.
Just my little thought-----I still like the Ivory[:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by SteveRoberts
<br />
Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />After looking at the pic again, maybe alt ivory for the entire top?????

The whole top vs. partial top is a decided issue, it looks like two pens combined if they are both differnet materials. The imitation ivory has been an underperformer in terms of sales, they say..."oh plastic" and pass it over. I did a lot of tow material two tones and they sold ok, we will see how these do.

Thanks.
Steve

Steve,

I know I'm not telling YOU anything new, but for the sake of others, when people say "OH, Plastic!" I merely respond, yes, some of the best pens in the world are made of resins. Particularly good if you USE your pen and it is subjected to hot, cold and humidity extremes. It is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY to crack. However, if you are primarily a collector, certainly our distinguished "natural" products are more unique as no two are exactly alike. Although these materials DO require more care and prefer controlled conditions.

Interesting comment about alt. ivory-I have not made a lot of it,so I don't know how it sells. But the emperors I have seen made from it impress ME. Thanks for the feedback.[:D][:D]

SteveRoberts

Ed,
I think the problem lies as much in the name as anything, alternative ivory implies some kind of ivory connection When told it is just a man made product, there is a big let down, I have taken to saying, it is a resin that looks like ivory. Even then it is too plain to get much excitement going.

Steve,

I know I'm not telling YOU anything new, but for the sake of others, when people say "OH, Plastic!" I merely respond, yes, some of the best pens in the world are made of resins. Particularly good if you USE your pen and it is subjected to hot, cold and humidity extremes. It is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY to crack. However, if you are primarily a collector, certainly our distinguished "natural" products are more unique as no two are exactly alike. Although these materials DO require more care and prefer controlled conditions.

Interesting comment about alt. ivory-I have not made a lot of it,so I don't know how it sells. But the emperors I have seen made from it impress ME. Thanks for the feedback.[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom