Emperor in Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from UKpenmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKpenmaker

I have had an full antler laying around for some time now, i didn't kno whether to keep it whole or to use it as blanks (the latter won[:I]).
I thought i would go the whole hog and do another Emperor.
Turned down a little to much into the centre for my liking, but it will do me for my first antler, mabye my last if i can't get used to the smell[xx(].
Finished with CA

2006122141930_emperor%20on.jpg

2006122141844_emperor%20off.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

Nice job, Andrew. I hate the smell too, and try to be very careful not to breathe the stuff. I have raised the antler price to $25 plus the price of the pen in an effort to discourage customers from choosing it. It didn't work. I think I actually get more antler sales now than I did before raising the price.

Hi Andrew,

I will tell you I have 4 Emp kits and I still have not seen a blank that is right for it yet....well I was saying that till I saw your version with the CSUSA Ivory...and I said Yup, that's the one!! Now I see your work on antler...I have to also say I have never been attracted to antler....but you have done it again...this WORKS!!!

I am not sure if I have the desire to try antler, but this may well be the one and only time I have ever seen antler and said yup...that's a home run...Thanks Andrew...so well done!!!

[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

rtparso

I use my shop vac with a scoop and a HEPA filter and I can't smell the antler when I am turning. I just wish ai could get rid of the noise (small shop).

arjudy

Very nice job on the pen. I love the end product but I too agree that the smell leaves a lot to be desired. Buffalo horn doesn't get much better![:D][:D]

alamocdc

I love it, Andrew! You beat me to it! I just got some nice sized Fallow antler from RTJW and having been struggling w/picking just the right material for my first Emperor I decided that the Fallow was just the ticket.

BTW, I'm not fond of bulges on an Emperor so I think it's close to perfect. And all that are familiar know that I'm NOT a B2B turner. I just happen to find this pen to be different from most others and can't envision any other shape for it. [:0]

Termite1964

Great looking pen Andrew. I turn lots of White Tail Deer Antler. You never get use to the smell. Antler pens sell the best for me at the shows. I do use a filtered face shield when working with antler. I hated paying the price for the face shield (could have almost paid for Jet vs mini lathe) but my lungs are worth it.

Rifleman1776

Very beautiful. My personal pen is a Baron in antler. The smell doesn't bother me. Some say breathing that 'smell' is dangerous. I am yet to see documented evidence there is danger in turning antler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom