Embossed Aluminum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marko50

Marko50

Just something I was messing around with the other day. Different for sure. Embossed aluminum. Pressure cast in Alumilite Clear. Finished with Micro-Mesh 1500-12,000, wet sanded. Kit is just a simple Sienna, gun metal finish from CSUSA.

Attachments

• DSC_2345.jpg
    DSC_2345.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 501
  • DSC_2346.jpg
    DSC_2346.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Beautiful Work, Mark.
Makes a very interesting Blank,
Great Fit and Finish.
What is the Kit Mark, I haven't heard of a Sienna, or is it a typo for a Sierra?
Congratulations,
Brian

Marko50

No typo

Beautiful Work, Mark.
Makes a very interesting Blank,
Great Fit and Finish.
What is the Kit Mark, I haven't heard of a Sienna, or is it a typo for a Sierra?
Congratulations,
Brian

Thanks Brian!

The Sienna is a kit offered by Craft Supplies USA. It's their version of the Sierra. Here's the link:Artisan Sienna Pen Kit | Pen Making | Craft Supplies USA

Their showroom / facilities are almost in my backyard, so I frequent their showroom often... they probably get a little sick of me. :rolleyes: Great people and fantastic service!:)

JD Combs Sr

Great looking pen. I haven't looked at the Siennas closely but the pic seams to show your design somewhat mimicking the embossing/detailing on the center band and finial. Could be that the pic doesn't show enough detail of the CB & F to see the difference. In any-case it is a great looking pen.

Marko50

You would be correct!

Great looking pen. I haven't looked at the Siennas closely but the pic seams to show your design somewhat mimicking the embossing/detailing on the center band and finial. Could be that the pic doesn't show enough detail of the CB & F to see the difference. In any-case it is a great looking pen.

Good catch JD! It does indeed mimic the CB and F. It's not a perfect copy, but good enough that someone noticed! I was curious if anyone would see that.:)

Top Bottom