Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
2005911113417_blue%20chain%20007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Boyd

Deer antler and ? Nice pen. You know I've only been turning for about 3 years and in that time I only turned about 20 slimline pens. Then you posted a pen over on Woodnet. I have turned 35 pens in the last month and there is no end in sight. Thanks![:D][:D][:D][:D]

CPDesigns

Once again Eagle you send those of us TRYING to do some decent laminations back to the shop. My scroll saw and band saw have done an admirable job trying to keep up, but I just can't get veneers that thin and consistant (at least not without putting my digits at serious risk of amputation). What's your secret?[:D]

Ron Mc

Eagle,
This is a great looking pen. I really like the way the blue and yellow flow together. Looks to be bodark and something dyed blue?

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by CPDesigns
<br />Once again Eagle you send those of us TRYING to do some decent laminations back to the shop. My scroll saw and band saw have done an admirable job trying to keep up, but I just can't get veneers that thin and consistant (at least not without putting my digits at serious risk of amputation). What's your secret?[:D]
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9110[^]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by CaliforniaRed
<br />Just out of curiosity, how long does it take you to create a blank like this? I'm not asking how, just how long.

A lot less time than it takes for a burl to grow on a mature tree or a crotch to develope on the trunk of a beautiful walnut.[:D]
Conceptually maybe days or months,
Mechanically hours or days.
This one I can't say as it is an evolutionary process.this one is different from the last and the next will be different from this.
Time is relative.
This is something I created,I can't buy it.
If it could be mass produced on a large scale efficiently they would be in the catologues.

woodscavenger

In my opinion that is one of my favorite or your laminations. It has enough of the base material showing through. I also liked the one Lou posted with the sycamore and bloodwood (I think). Everynight I am always amazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom