Elegant or Spooky?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

This Diva Charm was a surprise when I got down to the end. George's stabilized palm root was a new material for me, and I was not sure when or how to use it. I took a chance combining the stark contrast between the non-detailed white body and the highly figured band of Palm root. The small scale of the pen required the tiny detail size in the palm root piece to work. It ended up looking like a sort of a natural, organic version of the really beautiful detail that polymer clay pieces posted here provide. Please feel free to comment as your thoughts are always most welcome, and again thanks so much for looking.

Attachments

• DIVA CHARM - Winter Eyes.jpg
    DIVA CHARM - Winter Eyes.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 322
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful!

Looking at the Palm Root section, it reminds me of underwater sea sponges. Yes, very organic.

For balance, I wish there was 1/8" more Palm root on each end. (Personal thought only!).

This slice of palm root is very vibrant and matches well with the white.

Nice combinations.

Jim Smith

I like it, especially the palm root. I think just the palm root cast in poly would make n extremely pretty and interesting pen.

Jim Smith

Mr Vic

You mentioned Spooky and I immediately saw the Head from Easter Island in the upper right corner of the palm. Great looking pen.

OZturner

Brian, It is so Inspiring when you see a Pen, and A Blank, that are just Ideally Made for each other.
That is Exactly what you have given us.
I cannot imagine any other Combination that would Surpass this.
Georges Wonders from Down Under, That he has such an Eye for, though it is small it is Sufficient for this Application.
Magnificent, Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom