Elegant Beaut's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin

Picked up some of the new Elegant Beauty kits from Aaron over at http://laulauwood.com/Default.asp. Here ya go...

Acrylic:
EB_1a.jpg

Amboyna burl:
EB_4a.jpg

Berea Invisavue Plastic:
EB_2a.jpg

African Blackwood:
EB_5a.jpg

Stabilized Boxelder burl:
EB_3a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Ed,

From your hands, these look even more elegant and beautiful! I like what you've done with the shapes and I especially like the color combinations of the Boxelder with gold and the dark red acrylic with the black ti.

-Barry

The Elegant Beauty pen is certainly that. A very nice kit and is complimented by almost any wood or acrylic. You design is good as well as you have been known for. Though the finish on the other hand seems to be a little lacking on the wood pens. I don't know if it is just the pictures or not, but it looks as if there is a lot of orange peel in them. The acrylics are great.

M

Mudder

Nice looking pens Ed. I have a few questions if you would be kind enough to answer them.

How do you like the quality of this kit?

How hard was it to put together?

How do you like it as compared to the sierra?

What type of refill does it take?

Can you show us a picture of what the kit components look like?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

YoYoSpin

Scott,

Here's a Sierra (top) compared to a Elegant Beauty, as they come out of the package:
EB1.jpg

And this is a fully exploded view of the Elegant Beauty:
EB2.jpg

The components seem to be equivalent quality except for the transmission...the EB's transmission is not as robust as the Sierra's and reminds me of the Cigar pen's, which is prone to failure.

The only other thing that comes to mind is the EB hardware design requires the blank to be pretty much exactly the same length as the brass, otherwise, the ink refill will stick out too far or not far enough.

And, they both use the same "Parker" refill.

ldb2000

Hi Ed
Those EB's look awesome I really like that Berea plastic one but the box elder is my favorite .
As for the kit they seem well made and the platings look very good and that finial cap leaves lots of room for ideas

dkarcher

Beautiful Pens

Ed, as always, your craftsmanship is amazing. I am still trying to learn how to do beads on pens. I have watched your videos several times and I am still having trouble. Can't even get a decent bead on a pepper mill :(.

keapople

YoYo awesome as always... Love your vids btw...

Any idea when he is going to get anymore of these kits?
I want to try some...

Kirby

nylajune

These pens are exquisite! The Elegant Beauty is one of my favorite kits. My favorite one is the hot pink at the top. The Invisavue is running a close second.;-)

Top Bottom