Electric Orange & Tas. Blackwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from youngturner

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngturner

Here are two pens i made today. Both are cigar's in satin silver. The one on the left is an acrylic blank i bought and on the right is curly Tasmanian Blackwood with acrylic accents at each end.

200581864820_2%20new%20ones.jpg

let me know what you think,

Mark.

www.youngturner.com
www.burlsdownunder.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Nice job Mark, I like them both but the Tas. Blackwood is outstanding. There's something about a fancy or outragious grained wood, they always just jump out at me.

By the way, I'm having fun with the tigar myrtle that I bought from you. I sent some of that and the Rose Myrtle out to get it stabilized. The first Tigar blank that I turned was so dry that it seemed like dust so I thought that I would try stabilizing and it helped. I have not got around to turninhg a rose myrtle sence I got it back but I will pretty soon.

Wayne

Scott

Hey Mark!

Those are both great! I keep trying to figure out which I like best, and I can't do it! Excellent!

Scott.

Dario

BTW...maybe it is just me but the satin silver finish is the one thing I'll change if ever [:D][;)]

Another will be the accents...unless you have short blanks and really need it...I will probably not put any. Again maybe it is just me.

As said earlier though...I love them both.

(I know this is not the critique forum but he asked [:D])

youngturner

Hi,

have been away for a couple of days, hense the delayed reply.

Thanks for all the comments. I got the acrylic blank from the anual wood show here in Adelaide. I have got one more like it. The color is a real electric orange i've never seen anything like it before.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom