An El Presidente with Bling

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from airrat

airrat

I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I finally broke down and did it with an El Presidente I had set up for awhile.

It is Amboyna burl, the El Presidente is sterling silver. It is inlayed with 6 2-mm cubic zirconium that are inset in sterling silver sleeves. I only did these in the cap due to not being sure how they would handle the finish. Now that I know I will be doing more. There are the same type of semi precious stones I have used in wine bottle stoppers.

I think I finally got the camera right too on the first picture. :biggrin:
All comments welcomed.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• El Presidente Amboyna Burl Semi stone.jpg
    El Presidente Amboyna Burl Semi stone.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 356
  • DSCF4640.jpg
    DSCF4640.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 203
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Sweet. I like it. I think you did not over-do it and it is subtle enough to add to the overall appearance instead of jumping out at you and making you loose focus on the pen overall. Nicely done.

Padre

It is a classy, classy pen. Why did you use sleeves instead of just gluing them directly onto the wood?

airrat

Thanks all

Chip they came as presets in the "sleeves" at least that is how I ordered them. There is another one that would sit higher on the wood but I was not sure how well the finish would go over that. There is a picture in my photo album of a wine bottle stopper with black spinels and a 3 mm cubic. I have glued directly into the wood with other gems. But not into pens yet just wine bottle stoppers.

Tim why the mirror look? Did they melt?

Top Bottom