El Mostro's Midnight Stained Glass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from igran7

igran7

I picked up this blank some time ago from Eugene Soto (El Mostro) and finally got around to turning it. I'm kicking myself for not buying more of them, for it was an absolute dream to turn. Thanks Eugene!!!

I painted the inside of the drilled holes and the tubes with black appliance epoxy. Finished the pen with 12,000 MM wet sand and three coats of CA to give it that "shine" and polished it off with Maguires fine scratch remover car polish.

The pen was made for a loyal customer, and he wanted a different grip/nib section to differentiate the pen from a regular Gentlemen's pen. So this is what we came up with, he likes it and as long as he's happy....

Comments welcomed. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Sherwood Midnight.jpg
    Sherwood Midnight.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 326
  • Sherwood Midnight II.jpg
    Sherwood Midnight II.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Sherwood Midnight III.jpg
    Sherwood Midnight III.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Sherwood Midnight IV.jpg
    Sherwood Midnight IV.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 269
  • Sherwood Midnight V.jpg
    Sherwood Midnight V.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 212
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

igran7

Really cool Joe. Did you make the Nib?

I had several nibs made last year by a machinest friend of mine for an order I did where the customer wanted fountain/rollerball pens. Unfortunately CSUSA couldn't supply me with just the grip/nib portion for the full size Gentlemen's pen (only the Jr. Gent version) so i had several made to accomidate the customer, and I have a few left over.

JohnU

Great looking pen and blank. You did El Mostro's blank well. Nice modification to the tip as well. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom