El Grande Super Lite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

There was a good discussion about fountain pens & pen weight the other day. I made 2 fountain pens awhile back for myself. Modified El Grande Stream line. Still a full size pen, but I left out the tube in the pen body except for about 3/8 of it, to fasten the nib. Also left off the end cap. I was able to achieve a very light weight fountain pen, that I finally got to write. (had some nib problems for awhile)
The other was a silver inlace that was lighter and made the same way. However, it rolled off my desk and shattered like a glass.(downside to no tubes)

So here is the official weigh in. All pens weighted with out the cap, pen only with converter in. Others were taken from my rack as a comparison.

El Grande Stream line 14 grams, Gent Jr 22 gr., Havana (full size) 33 gr., Statesman 44 gr. My lightest FP, plastic Lamy 10 gr.

To put this in perspective, 2 quarters weigh 11 grams.

I believe the wood is dyed brown chesnut form CS with satin finish.

2004122045652_Dsc01028.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brent

I like it Anthony, Iam glad you but in the part about the quarters. I would never have thought it would be that light

wayneis

I like that Anthony. One of these days I want to make some rollerballs and leave the end cap off on both barrels. I only want a centerband to show and the rest all wood or acrylic.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom