EL Grande Rattler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Take a look at an EL Grande with chorme trim and Wyoming Rattlesnake skin. I had a delima about the scales. Should they "point" in the same direction with the cap in place or with the cap is posted? I chose for the scales to "point" down when the cap is posted and the pen is being used. Your opinions are welcome as are your critiques. Enjoy! The rattler blanks are some I cast myself.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200632135817_ElGrande%20Rattler.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Thanks Steve. I thought the scales should point the same way with the cap posted. I cast a Gent and baron in the same cast. Looking forward to seeing what they look like.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by SteveRoberts
<br />Nice one Don! Good choice on the scales.

Ron Mc

Don,
It's hard to tell what direction the scales are going. The pattern matches very well.
Great pen!

its_virgil

Thanks to all who commented.
Ron: The scales on both halves are "pointing" towards the center band as pictured. But when the cap is posted and being used, the scales on both parts "point" towards the nib end.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Don,
It's hard to tell what direction the scales are going. The pattern matches very well.
Great pen!

Deere41h

Don...After the Sweetwater roundup I would guess there will be a passel of skins available. Do you know anyone from that group? Oh by the way --- Very nicely done. Pressure PR always looks great.

its_virgil

Thanks John. I don't know anyone from the Sweetwater Roundup, but there will be one in Warika, OK, just N of you. I hear the skins sell for $5 each, but are not cured/tanned. They butcher and cook the snakes for a fundraiser and sell the skins. And, no I don't and haven't eaten rattlesnake.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Deere41h
<br />Don...After the Sweetwater roundup I would guess there will be a passel of skins available. Do you know anyone from that group? Oh by the way --- Very nicely done. Pressure PR always looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom