El Grande FP in red mallee burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RogerGarrett

RogerGarrett

These are pretty much Churchill pens with changed cosmetics. I like the way they look. The red mallee burl was from Nolan - who sent it to me as a freebie along with another order. :D The pieces in the background were examples of 5-6 pieces he sent and from which these pens were created. I've never turned it before, but I really like red mallee burl!

Hope you like them.

El%20Grande%20FP%20Red%20Mallee%20Burl%20open%20rs.jpg

%20Grande%20FP%20Red%20Mallee%20Burl%20closed%20rs.jpg

Best,
Roger Garrett

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerGarrett

Thanks for posting guys!

By the way, both pens sold to the same person this week for $65 each. I know a lot of folks sell for a lot more, but I am a little concerned about the breakability factor with Churchills and El Grandes..........besides, they went to a friend for her senior students. I only had a couple of hours and $12 worth of kits into them.......

Best,
Roger Garrett

jskeen

Hey Roger;

Opinion question, how do you feel about the kit quality/feel of the churchill/el grande kits and finished pens vs the gent/statesmen series from CS?

RogerGarrett

Originally posted by jskeen

Hey Roger;

Opinion question, how do you feel about the kit quality/feel of the churchill/el grande kits and finished pens vs the gent/statesmen series from CS?

In my opinion, hands down, the Jr Gent, Gentleman's, and Statesmen series are better kits - simply because of the quality of the components. I sell the Jr. Gents for $75-105, sometimes more.

Best,
Roger Garrett

Dan_F

Beautiful pen Roger! I sure wish CSUSA hadn't discontinued the Ligero FP, which has a more secure nib receiver. I wonder if Aaron in HI. might get some in? It's one of the few relatively inexpensive pens with a larger diameter grip.

Dan

bitshird

I really like your pen,I like the El Grande, I haven't broken any El Grande's or Churchill's but from what I've heard it's just a matter of time, I just don't like the all metal front sections,of the Gents and Barons, your Red Mallee Burl really stands out on that pen. [8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Top Bottom