el Grande with Custom Finial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

This happened because of a shop accident. Just in case you ever happen wonder about it, debonder will attack the plastic on the screw-on cap for the end of the el Grande. So, I found myself trying to create a custom replacement. It came out better than I hoped. The blank is Exotic Blanks alternative Briar.

Attachments

• pen381.jpg
    pen381.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 380
  • pen381a.jpg
    pen381a.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 256
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Tony I`ve never tried debonder on one , but I have cracked several by using CA to ensure the finial doesn`t come loose . Poor environmental stress crack resistance of the plastic . Have also had them crack for undetermined reasons , to the point where I haven`t made one for a year , because I don`t want to take the time to do what you did so well . Wayneh

S

spiritwoodturner

Tony, that's REALLY nice! Do the other end and you've got a little masterpiece! I have a bunch of the El Grande's, and use them to test PR blanks as I hate all the plastic. I need to give your example a shot. It sure dresses up a very bland kit.

Great job,

Dale

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Saw it in person, yesterday. Makes a nice kit look more prestigious. Certainly a $100+ pen!! (with the "stock" nib - more with an upgrade)

Lookin good!

bitshird

Tony that really was a nice save, since debonder will soften CA it would also eat plastic,I like your finial better than the black one any way.

Skye

I tell ya, those are one of my LEAST favorite pen kits, but just that one modification makes a huge difference in the looks! Now, if you could modify the foot, I'd like to see that.

Top Bottom