El Grande Closed-end Desk Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from igran7

igran7

A couple of pictures of an El Grande Closed end Fountain Desk pen. The base is ebonized Cherry with Mirror Coat high gloss epoxy finish. The far end of the base looks like it has ripples, but it is the lighting. Comments welcome.

64739_Custom%20El%20Grande%20Desk%20Pen%20FEB%2008.jpg

de%20Desk%20Pen%20Set%20Balck%20Acrylic%20FEB%2008.jpg

tn_Desk%20Pen%2007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

I have to admit, I have been watching a few on e-bay. After my quick slide down the slope of vintage pens, I not have the strange "need" for an nice desk pen set on my desk when I address my mail. :D

What did you do for the post cap, is it a snap on or is it a screw cap?
I picked up a cheap pen on e-bay but it came in with a dammaged body. I plan to "re-make" the pen because it has a great looking nib assy and a snaap cap design that would be easy to remove from the cap. It may be a good canidate for this.

igran7

Lee, I actually cheated a little on this one. I body portion of the pen is an El Grande complete with threaded nib assembly. The cap portion mounted on the base is made with the Gentlemen's brass tube and Gentlemen's Gold TN centerband. The black innersleeve was replaced with a plastic sleeve turned down to fit the interior of the brass tube where I tapped threads to accomidate the pen body. Since I didn't want the pen to screw down into the cap portion, I threaded only enough for the pen body to "catch" the threads to hold it in place. The lower portion of the cap end has a 7mm brass tube to accept the swivel funnel piece.

Top Bottom