El Grande & Churchill w/ new metal couplers, I LIKE!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redfishsc

redfishsc

Here's the Churchill (ti-gold) and El Grande (black ti) that have the new metal couplers. These kits came from Ernie at www.beartoothwoods.com

The Churchill is dogwood from the seminary's campus.

The El Grande is green dyed/stabilized Black Ash Burl from Arizona Silhouette.

Both pens sprayed with conversion varnish (mixed satin and gloss to get a semi-gloss look).

Now, about the metal coupler, I'll start a different thread in the Penturning forum about it to save space here, but suffice it to say that they fixed the problem without changing the weight of the pen in any discernible amount.

churchill_dogwood.jpg

churchill_dogwood2.jpg

green_blackashburl_EG2.jpg

green_blackashburl_EG1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

What do y'all think about the shape of the El Grande? The pic makes is look a more lard-butt than it actually is, but I did intentionally taper it up just a touch. Has a very nice feel in the hand, but it does look a bit unusual.

ldb2000

Beautiful pens Matt . I like the closed ends on both , but the El Grande is my favorite , I like the straight no nonsense look of the closed end .:good::good::good:

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The craftsmanship looks very nice but I'm not crazy about the shapes. Of course, I'm a bit of a traditionalist in pen design.

FYI, Arizona Silhouette now features the new metal coupler on the Cambridge, Churchill and El Grandes also.

redfishsc

The craftsmanship looks very nice but I'm not crazy about the shapes. Of course, I'm a bit of a traditionalist in pen design.

FYI, Arizona Silhouette now features the new metal coupler on the Cambridge, Churchill and El Grandes also.

Nothing wrong with a traditionalist, most of my more experienced customers are that way as well (meaning a fairly straight taper toward the end rather than the hourglass shape of the first or the blunt shape of the second).

Thanks for the link on the Arizona Silhouette, glad to see Bill has them now. I figured it wouldn't be long.

redfishsc

Well, I am THOROUGHLY enjoying mine. I've used it for every purpose I can think of for the past few days. I love the weight and feel of this kit and am so glad they fixed it.

Top Bottom