20063722565_FORREST.jpg

200637225659_FORREST1.jpg

Sold at the bargin price of: $115.00

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chuck Key

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />LOL

I like the extra trim band at the bottom; very nice! Is that a custom piece?

JimGo,

That is a nib holder. Drilled out the threads for the nib, reversed it and mounted it to a modified El Grande cap receiver. Note the threads for mounting the cap. The cap is normally a taper fit on the El Grande and Churchill.

Glad you like it.
Chuckie

Chuck Key

Originally posted by vick
<br />Great mod Chuck, I like it a lot. Just curious what is the blank material?

Vick,

I believe the blank is called Green Pearl from Woodbin. The blank measured .640 and the outside diameter of the El Grande Cap is about .590. Not much room for error. Heat from drilling could also be a big problem.

Chuckie

Chuck Key

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />That is a really nice piece of work. So, you used two kits to make one pen, correct?

Yes, I use a few parts from an el grande kit and some from a Churchill kit. I have enough left to start another pen.

Who knows what that will bring[}:)]

Chuckie

Chuck Key

Originally posted by pete00
<br />Really nice looking...howd the customer design it ? Did you show him a pile of options ?

No, I did not show him any options. Just listened to what he said he wanted and tried to give him what he requested. Here is the process:

Customer Special Order: Broad Nib Fountain Pen

Requested Woodbin Green Pearl Blank - No problem .640 blank and .590 on the El Grande cap outside diameter. Will drill it right up.

Request Broad Nib. No problem special order for supplier.

Presented a very nice broad nib El Grande.

Request rounded ends. No problem. Found a Churchill kit and swapped the end decoration.

Request threaded threaded cap receiver. No problem, took the Churchill nib holder drilled it out reversed it and mounted it to a modified El Grande cap receiver.

Requested ability to carry spare ink cartridge. No problem drilled out the El Grande cap receiver.

Chuckie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom