Eggshells

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from oregoncarver

oregoncarver

A friend who does art work with eggshells handed me a small jar of white and brown eggshells last week and said "I bet you can't make a pen out of this". Well I showed her.
Not a very good photo. It is cast in epoxy resin.

Arthur

Attachments

• eggshell.jpg
    eggshell.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 345

sbwertz

A friend who does art work with eggshells handed me a small jar of white and brown eggshells last week and said "I bet you can't make a pen out of this". Well I showed her.
Not a very good photo. It is cast in epoxy resin.

Arthur

At AAW Annual Symposium last year I attended a session that dealt with using various items to decorate turnings. One of them was eggshells. It looked really good, so I see no reason you couldn't apply it to a pen. From what I can see, it looks very nice.

plantman

Arthur; Glad to see that I am not the only one that fell off the wall and cracked their shell !! It's a little time consuming to glue the shells, but the results are unique. Be sure you soak the shells in bleach over night before using. I used alcohol dyes on my shells before casting to add colors. That is called thinking outside of the nesting box. Only sggestion I would make is to loose the center band and get rid of the wasp waist shape. A couple photos of my Magnetic Vertex in watermellon. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0018 (800x290).jpg
    DSCF0018 (800x290).jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCF0017 (800x559).jpg
    DSCF0017 (800x559).jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

oregoncarver

plantman, thanks for the tips. Not sure if I will do anymore of these or not. Had to give it a try. I crushed up the egg shells after cleaning them with bleach water, they also were from hardboiled eggs. I have been making a lot of my own center bands but this was just a fun pen for myself so just used the one with the kit. Thanks for the input. My wife says I have cracked with this pen.
Arthur

Top Bottom