Eels Click pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ironwood

Ironwood

When I made the blank for my "Last Bullet Pen", I poured a few different version blanks to make sure I got a good one, this is one of the blanks that wasn't chosen for the commissioned pen.

I have a few of these kits in the drawer that I never use, because I don't like the feel of the click mechanism.
I used it because I just wanted to make a pen today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_1952.jpg
    DSC_1952.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 468
  • DSC_1957.jpg
    DSC_1957.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 482
  • DSC_1961.jpg
    DSC_1961.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 462
  • DSC_1962.jpg
    DSC_1962.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 457
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Nice blank. :)

I agree about the click mechanism, I like the longer barrel, but just have not been too thrilled the way the mechanism feels.

Ironwood

That's a really nice pen..I'm trying to decide if I want to do lumilite or PR blanks....

Thanks John.
I do PR blanks , I would also like to make some Alumilite blanks but the cost is prohibitive here in Australia.

Nice blank. :)

I agree about the click mechanism, I like the longer barrel, but just have not been too thrilled the way the mechanism feels.

Cheers Mark.
Its a shame about the click on these pens as they don't look too bad. I just can't bring myself to put these ones up for sale. This one might end up being a gift for someone.
I have heard the Vertex has a better click mechanism, I might include one in my next order to try it out.

magpens

Nice colours in blank !! I agree about the click mechanism on those pens. The Vertex click pen is much smoother, but some folks say it is prone to breakage ... I haven't had any break ... yet !!

Ironwood

Thanks Mal.
It's a shame if the Vertex is prone to problems, I was hoping it might be one that I could include in my lineup.
I think there is an opening for someone to bring out a trustable click kit that also looks good.

BSea

While the click mechanism is kinda harsh, it's very reliable. I have one of these pens that I've used for almost 5 years with no problems. If I were to sell pens (which I rarely do), this would be one of the few click pens I'd sell.

That is a very nice blank. Good job! :good:

Ironwood

While the click mechanism is kinda harsh, it's very reliable. I have one of these pens that I've used for almost 5 years with no problems. If I were to sell pens (which I rarely do), this would be one of the few click pens I'd sell.

That is a very nice blank. Good job! :good:

Thanks for the user report on the pen kit Bob.
I don't have any of these pens out there being used. I sold the first one I made to a Guy that collects pens a few years ago, when he picked it up he commented on the feel of the mechanism, but bought it anyway to put it in his display cabinet.
I haven't made another one until now, I like the look of these pens, but initial impressions on the feel of the clicker turns me off a little.

Top Bottom