Ed's inspiration.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TellicoTurning

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing Ed's demo at the SW Penturners gathering, I tried his method with the skew... works just like he said it would.. here are a few of the results... thanks Ed.

All of these blanks were purchased at Woodcrafters, Knoxville.
20074435544_EP-PP-PHZE.jpg

This blank was called Purple Haze... The kit is a European Pearl.
20074435720_SL-PS-ELGR.jpg

This one was called Electric Green
20074435746_SL-PS-FIIC.jpg

This one is Fire & Ice
20074435826_SL-PS-MARB.jpg

This is Maroon & Black.
All of the slimline kits were from Woodturningz..

This one is from a piece of PEACH wood that I picked up at Jefferies in Seymour, TN.. nice selection of woods there.
2007444326_SL-WG-PECH.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Michael,

I would LOVE to tell you. But I have not yet learned to paint a verbal picture (in this case). My method is "show and tell". Hope to have video evidence of the Midwest Gathering. If all comes together, further info will follow.

Sorry-not the greatest answer[:(][:(][:(][:(]

cozee

Nice set of pens you have there Chuck! Watch out or acrylics will quickly grow on ya!!!

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Michael,
My method is "show and tell". Hope to have video evidence of the Midwest Gathering.

Aaaah, I've seen the beginnings of the DVD. Terrence is working on a split screen idea where one can see Ed in all his glory on one side and the close-up of the work on the other!!! He recently became a member here, Poppers-n-Pens. Email him about the DVD as sometimes, like the rest of us, he needs a little inspiration to get a project finished!!! (He will be turning his first pen this Saturday!!!)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Uh-Oh!!!

Terrence is turning pens[:0][:0][:0]???

His life will be transformed, a previously industrious young man wallows away in his workshop, turning out pens instead of creating video miracles - what HAVE we done?????[V][V][V]

Greg,
I've resisted Acrylics ever since I started turning, but LOML is a big fan and she always picks out a handful of blanks for me to turn... I probably do about 30 % acrylics, 30 % in horn/antler and balance in wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom