On the edge of my abilities

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ptolemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptolemy

A short while back I asked about pen ideas for a customer with MS. I got many great suggestions. Here is the final result:

tn_Maple_Burl_Red_Cigar.jpg

I was happy with the final results but it took many hours and tested all of my abilities, but I learned quite a bit.

The wood is maple burl, dyed red. The grip are o-rings that I sanded flat after attaching. The pen is extra thick in the grip to help the customer's hold. I'm not happy with the fit in the middle of the pen, it could have been better.

Thanks to JimGo for suggesting the pen idea and to YoYoSpin for the original design. Now, hopefully the customer will like it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Looks great from here. I wouldent have noticed a bad fit in the center, and even with you saying it I still dont see it.

Ptolemy

Thanks for the comments everyone. TBone, the bands on the lower section are rubber o-rings from HomeDepot. I turned grooves in the wood to shape, glued the o-rings in place and sanded flat to 400 grit. Skye, the problem is small and my camera would never be able to show it. Really, the only people who would notice the problem while holding the pen are pen makers and perfectionists. I, unfortunately, are both.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom