Edgar's Surprise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I am very proud to show off my latest pen even though I did not make it. It is a civil war pen made from the stock of an old confederate rifle finished in carnauba wax to give it a natural look and feel.

Call me crazy, but I did some horse trading with a Texan and got the pen as part of my end of the bargain. I also got a box of very interesting wood. I think that I may have gotten the better end of this deal.

As a bonus, I also got Edgar's shopping list. I hope he remembers to get his Right Guard.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Cody: I've also done some "horse trading" with Edgar and I also got the better end of the deal!

Edgar... Beautiful pen! Cody... Nice deal!

Interestingly enough, very off topic... At yesterday's Ohio Chapter meeting we actually were talking about Edgar's Christmas Trail Mix; and today it was mentioned in a new post on the original thread! I fully intend to start this recipe in late October, as it sounds like a great XMAS present for casual colleagues!

Oh yea, Edgar is a great Guy to "Trade" with!!!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I suppose a great trade is when both parties feel like they got the better end of the deal. :)

Cody made me some more of his awesome Civil War blanks, including a few with my great-great grandfather's photo who was a mounted cavalryman for the South. I turned & polished one of those blanks this weekend & it is downright gorgeous. I'll post a photo of the finished pen once my order of CW pen kits arrives & I put it together.

Thanks again Cody - I was wondering what happened to that grocery list. I looked all over my truck for it when I stopped at the store on the way home. I did manage to remember most everything that was on the list (including the Right Guard) :biggrin:

SteveG

I was jus thinking (you know we are all in trouble now!), one vendor includes a cookie or two...and from another you will be sure to find a good sized bag of M & M candies (did I spell that right?). That all seems like pretty good customer relations and marketing. :cool:

Now I know we who frequent this site are perhaps a somewhat unique group.

BUT!!!

Providing the customer with a ready made shopping list (nothing generic here; brand names are specified)!?? Is that not going a bit too far? :eek::eek:
We may want to reel this one in before the situation gets out of hand.:wink:

I tremble to think what may come next. Help! HELP!! Save us from ourselves!!

triw51

Hi Cody: I've also done some "horse trading" with Edgar and I also got the better end of the deal!

Edgar... Beautiful pen! Cody... Nice deal!

Interestingly enough, very off topic... At yesterday's Ohio Chapter meeting we actually were talking about Edgar's Christmas Trail Mix; and today it was mentioned in a new post on the original thread! I fully intend to start this recipe in late October, as it sounds like a great XMAS present for casual colleagues!

Oh yea, Edgar is a great Guy to "Trade" with!!!

Yes he is a great guy to trade with traded some tools for wood and he sent me extra. Now what do I have to trade for some of that famous trail mix everyone was raving about last Christmas?

Top Bottom