Econ Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Joe S.

Joe S.

I'm slowly building a set of fountain pens in different colors to do graphing problems in my econ class. These are the first two. I'm waiting on a metallic green blank to make the third pen. These write in Private Reserve Plum and Cosmic Cobalt. I didn't bother to change out the nib, and I'm actually impressed with the stock chrome nib. Very smooth!
DSC_0292.jpg
I'm still playing around with photography, this picture seems clearer then what I've done before. The glare on the cap bothers me, but the flash was locked on the setting I used... I'll figure it out soon enough.:redface:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned Around

I like those.What blanks did you use for those?

I hade 2 different sketch sets a while back. The body matched the color of lead used. I did ne set of dyed ribbon maple and another in acrylic. I like your idea of matchng the blanks with fountain pen ink. Very cool.

plano_harry

Joe, the pens are very nice and the photos are good as well. Depending on the capability of your camera, there are some easy way to deal with glare - a polarizing filter will help, a light box to diffuse your light source, and my favorite - HDR high dynamic range. Photomatix Essentials software combines a series of identical photos at different exposures to get a surreal exposure that retains the detail in the shadows and the highlights are not blown out white. For the challenging colored blanks and high gloss we work with, it produces amazing results. There are many posts about it in the photography forum. Keep up the great work!

Harry

Joe S.

Joe, the pens are very nice and the photos are good as well. Depending on the capability of your camera, there are some easy way to deal with glare - a polarizing filter will help, a light box to diffuse your light source, and my favorite - HDR high dynamic range. Photomatix Essentials software combines a series of identical photos at different exposures to get a surreal exposure that retains the detail in the shadows and the highlights are not blown out white. For the challenging colored blanks and high gloss we work with, it produces amazing results. There are many posts about it in the photography forum. Keep up the great work!

Harry

I actually have a circular polarizing filter, but I never thought to use it for pens. Thanks for the tips!

Top Bottom