Ebony And Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
The title says it all. These are .308 with Gold Ti. fittings and are part of a large order going out to the west coast.

Attachments

• Ebony&Ivory.jpg
    Ebony&Ivory.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 315
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Nice job Neil. Hey what do you sand your brass too, I think I am spending way to much time on mine. Polishing too 3500 MM.

Lin.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Both look great Neil the bullet nib also looks spot on, what brand and size are you using.
The bullets are Hornady 30 cal .308 168 gr BTHP match ammo.

Nice job Neil. Hey what do you sand your brass too, I think I am spending way to much time on mine. Polishing too 3500 MM.

Lin.
After inserting the bullets I sand on the lathe with 400 abranet and then hit it with some 0000 steel wool and then put on a finish, it is pretty quick

lorbay

The title says it all. These are .308 with Gold Ti. fittings and are part of a large order going out to the west coast.
How large??
The first part of this order is 100 pieces and there will be a second part going out in November that is twice that.

Wow that is a big order, I just did 100 bullet pens to go up to Dawson City and that was enough for me for a while. Good on ya buddy.

Lin.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
How large??
The first part of this order is 100 pieces and there will be a second part going out in November that is twice that.

Wow that is a big order, I just did 100 bullet pens to go up to Dawson City and that was enough for me for a while. Good on ya buddy.

Lin.
I normally turn away orders that are large as I start to hate turning and I don't want that, but I tried to outprice myself from this one and got the contract anyways, so I will do it. Moneys not everything, but it sure does make it easier.

Rfturner

looks like you will be busy.

Nice job on the pens, By the way an even easier way to shine the brass is to use a one of the 3 piece buffer pads from Harbor Frieght mounted on the mandrel. then just buff it out really quick, I got to it down to about 30 sec. a casing for a nice polished off appearance.

I have had several people want to do a large order of about 100 pens, they backed out but I know that I would have started to hate it after that many.

Top Bottom