Ebony & Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Made these today---I use real Ivory to make the knot---Kit is a Baron--wood is ebony.

200772221116_cross1.jpg

200772221224_cross3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Gary all I can say is AWESOME!

Gary just reread your post and saw where you used real Ivory for the knots. I didn't know that Southern Kentucky had any Elephants left[;)][:D][}:)].

ahoiberg

very nice... whenever i see ebony & ivory together i get the picture in my mind of the frank sinatra & stevie wonder bit from saturday night live... classic.

nice pens.

Gary Max

I am a real big fan of the term Legal----the best place to buy real Ivory that I know of is from a museum. Even at that you must have a receipt that is detailed----items like how much and where it came from. I carry this paperwork with me to shows---if the law ask you about it you better have the right answers. Selling Ivory--Bones---Antler---or any animal body parts is not anything to play around with. The fines can be very steep and they have no sense of humor about it either. Knowing the state laws where you live at is a big plus.
Oh I better but the soap box away-----sorry about that.

those are beautiful pens and another way to get around the legal part for the ivory for your inlays is old piano keys. i have some given to me by one of the turner from Australia. you can find them in antique shops.

laurie

rd_ab_penman

I have been using Vegetable Ivory (AKA) Tagua nuts for inlay work. Antler and Whale bone also works well for inlay's. OH! Fantastic pens too Gary!

Les in Alberta
20077342249_Alberta.gif

"What's YOUR Carbon Footprint?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom