Ebony & Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nappy155

nappy155

this took two days....four blanks destroyed...two upper barrels two short...finally was happy...and then...two hairline cracks...oh well..

Attachments

• IMG_9754.jpg
    IMG_9754.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_9753.jpg
    IMG_9753.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_9757.jpg
    IMG_9757.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 165
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jjartwood

Beautiful!
crack or not,I'd be happy making something that nice looking.
Besides cracks only count if they make stuff fall off.
Very nice pen

Mark

OOooHHH! I see a rash of copies of this one, me being first!!!
Absoltely stunning!!
Questions...are the cap to body threads done by hand or is there a fitting inside? is this a Gent nib section? is the cap and clip finial threaded?

Last edited:

nappy155

the pen is based off of a Appollo (PSI)...with the Appollo there is a top coupler that that threads up to meet the supplied top finial..after drilling the upper blank...i pressed in the coupler before gluing...glue the tube in recessing the top 1/16" (if you plan on floating the clip) where the finial will be...i then drilled a 19/64 into the final...i did start threads but the black acrylic is pretty soft so i let the threads on the coupler cut the rest...i then turned it on a new blind mandrel we are developing....

nappy155

i am developing a new kit for the blind mandrel that will have fittings for finial...it will be much easier to turn you on finial..

airborne_r6

Love it, and I agree that there will be copies, I just got the kit in today to pair with some black acrylic and casein that I have been waiting to turn.

Top Bottom