ebony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OLDMAN5050

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
This is a new style kit I ordered and I am not sure if I like it or not. The finale is a euro the center band is a comfort and the nib is a euro I did this one with a longer lower tube than comes with it. The first one I turned did not look good with the short tubes. ( slimline tube) I think that the kit looks much better with the longer lower tube. the pen is finished with HUTT PPP all comments are welcome. wood is ebony: kit is called the St. Charles

Attachments

• 3-3-2011#2.JPG
    3-3-2011#2.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 3-3-2011#3.JPG
    3-3-2011#3.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

Nice pen. Hope it doesn't crack on you as ebony is prone to cracking. African Blackwood would be a safer bet.

Jgrden

Beautiful finish. The pens flows smoothly. I am not a fan of the gold dome on the Euros. I just like your work.

wizard

Very nice pen! Not familiar with the kit but it looks good with the ebony. Really like the profile. Regards, Doc

Jgrden

The nice thing about Ebony is that IT SPLITS. But the beauty comes after disassembling the pen, fill with medium CA, finish again with BLO/CA. You then have a pen with experience with a wonderful aged appearance. Pray your pen splits.
In fact, I think I will glue several blanks onto tubes and then wait until they split and add an additional 1 hour labor to the cost of the pen.
Watcha tink??

Top Bottom