Ebony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

This is a first for me. The BLACKEST hunk of Ebony that I have ever seen. I had enough to make two pens but killed one of the blanks.
The kit is from BB and is a Chrome Baron. Sanded it with Micro mesh. Had to wash them after working with this stuff. Finish coat is Ren wax --really like that stuff.
Hope you like--it's going to have a bigger price tag on it.

200555213238_ebonyone.jpg

20055521412_ebonysix.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Hopefully it will stay together.I had to refinish it on the lathe and was real concerned about cracking then. First time I did not get the shine I wanted. It seemed to survive that mess so maybe it will be alright.

Gary Max

I soaked the inside of the blank with a couple of coats of thin CA and worked on the ends also. Hopefully it will work--I spent the better part of the afternoon making the pen.

WoodChucker

Gary, thats a great looking pen, but I have no doubt it will crack after you sell it. So give it to me and be done with it, I wouldn't want you to go through the pain of seeing crack. [:D]

BTW, I've made three of them now and none of them have cracks yet, so keep up the faith! [;)]

Fangar

I love the look of Ebony, but have no luck with it no cracking. I made a slimline pen set out of ebony. Split fest 2005. I redid them for a buddy using dark bolvian rosewood instead. They cracked about 1 week after they were completed. He likes the rosewood too.

James

melogic

Great looking pen Gary. My wife and I turned a pen and pencil set out of ebony. We kept this set for a few months and then we had like 3 orders in a row. I love the final appearance, but getting there can be crazy. Nice Job! Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom