Ebonite Kitless(1st completed)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Here is is my 1st attempt at using ebonite for a full Kitless pen. It is only my 4th Kitless pen. I can't remember the name of the ebonite, got it awhile back. The nib section is black ebonite. I used what I think is an empire clip and had a design opportunity on the other end. Ended up drilling and dropping a finial from a slimline in it. It is postable with a bock nib. Comments and critiques are welcome and thanks for looking.
null_zps3a957994.jpg

null_zps053293e6.jpg

null_zps44bc04da.jpg

null_zpse70e2f82.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dgscott

Love the material -- looks like layered feathers. I used some of that a while back but it was considerably darker brown. You've done a nice job incorporating some kit elements without making it over-heavy. A good thing, since the pattern of the material is so complex.

Nice job!
Doug

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
And your result is an attractive pen. The material is appealing for a kitless pen. I'm interested in how the clip is attached. Nice work!

Ed McDonnell

Beautiful job. I think the only thing I might consider changing would be to add a small contrast band at the cap to ease the visual transition from cap pattern to body pattern. But that's just me.

Too bad about the design opportunity on the body bottom. I always find the ends of that type of ebonite very visually interesting. But your "enhanced design" looks very good as well. If you hadn't mentioned it as a "design opportunity" I would have just thought it was a nice overall complement to the design.

Ed

firewhatfire

The clip seems a little short on first look but, it does seems to hold it in place when clipped on a shirt. I will be keeping an eye on it as this is the first one I have used.

Top Bottom