Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Black
2007121552348_BlackEboniteJrEmperor.jpg

Green
2007121552416_GreenEboniteJrEmperor.jpg

Thank you for looking, particularly those who also comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
IN the picture, I like the black one best also, but I know that in real life to real eyes, things are considerably different. I think I would really like the dark green one.

karlkuehn

Banned
Overall, I'm not a fan of pregnant pens, and that kit turns my stomach (not sure why, maybe it's all the protruding symmetrical random 'plus' signs and weird flowers), but that top one (black) is really awesome, finish and kit/wood color wise. I like the green one, too it's just completely not my style, which is usually a good thing, IMO. [:D]

Nice work, your finish looks great!

louisbry

Very nice looking pens with the fit and finish perfect. The only thing I don't like about them is the gold trim on the hardware but that is just me.

Ligget

Lou in the top picture the clip overlaps the centre band but the bottom pen doesn`t, are the tubes sizes different or is it the result of a "save"?

Lovely pens, and superb colours of blanks, never used ebonite yet myself maybe someday![:p]

R2

Beuatiful match of kit and blank for both![:)][:)][:)]They both look stunning but my preference is for the green partly because it is slifghtly slimmer and partly because thta is suc a great colour.

bitshird

Those are the kind of pens I hope to turn someday, Nice work Lou, I like the green one best, the kits are so over the top, it's difficult to find something that isn't over powered by the hardware, I think the understated blanks worked very well with them, Great job on the both, (is the one a save?)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
First, thank you for the kind comments and generous suggestions. They are all appreciated! Mark (and others) the two top barrels were actually that 3/32†different in length. I measured to make sure the nib would still fit and since it did, I completed the pen. I really don’t do much in the way of saves. If I screw something up, I just toss the tubes and start again. John, they do, indeed, have “bling, bling†nibs. I’ll try to get a photo of them uncapped tomorrow. Cav, the finish just takes time. In terms of a favorite, I kinda like the green but probably because it is an unusual color to find anymore.

alxe24

Trully like the pens but the green is my favorite. MAy be is the shape. I like the emperor kit a lot but the straight shape of the green appeal more to me.

TAFFJ

Lou I have just purchased the rollerball and fountain pen and have been trying to envisage what they would look like in various materials. you have now helped me settle for the black it reall does look stunning. I hope mine turn out to the same standard. Well done!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I missed these the first time around also.

Nice work, Lou!!

I also believe the simpler the blank, the better it looks with the Emperor. HOwever, nearly every one I have sold has been Dawn's PR in burgundy.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I love it when a thread comes back to life. Thanks for the additional comments. And Ed, have you made any Emperor's that weren't burgundy DPR? [8D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />I love it when a thread comes back to life. Thanks for the additional comments. And Ed, have you made any Emperor's that weren't burgundy DPR? [8D]

That, of course, is marketing strategy question. Which, of course, is highly confidential. Otherwise, I would be HAPPY to answer, but my client COULD sue.

(We both know that would be bad!!!)

Coded answer follows:
<center>VERY FEW!! </center>

Merry Christmas, my friend.

(And, yes, I am starting to get back to normal as the rush subsides)

gerryr

Hah, Ed only ever made one EPR Emperor, he just keeps re-selling the same one.[:D]

Those are both very nice Lou. I think I also prefer the green, but that has as much to do with the shape as the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom