Ebay Abalone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vwa3guy

vwa3guy

I saw the beautiful abalone blanks at classicnib and exoticblanks and I wanted to try it myself. I bought a sheet of abalone veneer on ebay and with an xacto knife cut it into strips and used cast'n'craft from michaels. I'm really pleased that I managed to not blow it up on the lathe! At the time of making this one, I was on a real kick with the Guardian Jr. pens from PSI. The Gold just really fit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nicely done !! . Congratulations !!! . Didn't know you could do that with an X-acto !!

vwa3guy

not sure who it was from. it was a US seller because I had it in a few days. other than that I couldn't tell you. I made this almost a year ago.

brownsfn2

I have to give you some kudos here. Cutting abalone sheets with an x-acto knife is no easy feat. When I first started making these I used an knife like that. I ordered the sharpest toughest blade and it still took several passes. It was so frustrating.

Your pen looks great though. Nice Job!

vwa3guy

thank you very much! the edges were a bit rough and I thought about sanding them but as soon as the CA hit them to glue them to the tube that white rough looking edge just disappeared.

Top Bottom