EB Long Clicker w/Rhino Pink Grapefruit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

A coworker/friend who I made a nice rollerball for Christmas last year asked if I could make a clicker for her to use at work. She said she'd pay for it but I'm giving it to her for Christmas. I knew she liked pink and she also said she liked yellow so the Rhino pink grapefruit blank was the perfect mix of colors. It turns nicely and polishes up as good as you would expect a polyester resin to. I wetsanded with 400 then all the MM pads, Novus 3 & 2, then blue rouge on the buffer. As for the kit, the hardware is ok but nothing eye catching about it, and with only a few pieces it goes together fast & easy, but the clicker itself feels kind of mushy. I'd rather have a more positive, firmer feeling click although this one worked perfectly as I put it through the motions with several clicks. I have one more of these kits then I'll look for another click kit with a better mech. After assembly I thought it would look better in gold, so I screwed the nib on from my other kit but I was wrong, the chrome looks much better. C&C always welcome.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I know what you mean about the mechanism. . And the overly big pushbutton. . Wish they'd fix it.

Nice looking pen ... I am sure she will like it.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice finished pen. I also agree with both your' and Mal's comments. The ones I have used have not failed, but the mechanism is just not smooth...

I like the long barrel, and I favor chrome, but long for a smoother mechanism.

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the mechanism. . And the overly big pushbutton. . Wish they'd fix it.

Nice looking pen ... I am sure she will like it.

Thanks Mal. That overly large button makes it look like those old metal syringes they used to use in hospitals. It actually works for the MA that will be using it at the clinic, but I'd rather have something with a little more style to use as a carry pen.

Very nice finished pen. I also agree with both your' and Mal's comments. The ones I have used have not failed, but the mechanism is just not smooth...

I like the long barrel, and I favor chrome, but long for a smoother mechanism.

Thanks Mark. If the clicker was firm and looked good it would be the only clicker I'd make. As it is, I'll be looking for something else.

For some reason the pink didn't photograph well. It's not quite that light and has a pearlescent look that doesn't show in the pics. The blank actually looks much nicer than the pics show.

Top Bottom