EB in HRB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbswearingen

jbswearingen

This one was a bear...I kept chipping the CA at the ends, so I'd have to remount it, sand it back down, and refinish. All told, there are probably 40 coats of CA applied. Copper hardware.

DPP_0338Small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Looks great in my favorite wood. The hardware does not look like copper. Also Im no one to tell someone how to make a pen but if the CA keeps chipping you need to be SURE there is NONE over the lip where the parts will be pressed in against the wood. I had this problem on many pens in the past till I figured this out.

jbswearingen

Looks great in my favorite wood. The hardware does not look like copper. Also Im no one to tell someone how to make a pen but if the CA keeps chipping you need to be SURE there is NONE over the lip where the parts will be pressed in against the wood. I had this problem on many pens in the past till I figured this out.

Yeah, it was chipping as I "softened" the edges before assembly. One time I dropped it.

Doh!

This is the first time I've turned HRB and still have half the blank left to make another single-barrel pen. I think it will become one of my favorite woods, too. I think my color balance may be a bit off, or the cherry base might be casting its color on the copper.

Top Bottom