Eastern Red Cedar on a Jr.Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

How about a pen made from some ERC(Eastern Red Cedar)or{juniperus virginiana}!!!!:eek::eek:

My garage smells terrific now!:biggrin: Like an old chest for keepsakes.....or something along those lines! Turned between centers, checked and double checked with micrometer to get the right size, sanded through 800grit, BLO'd, EEE, and then waxed. Yup, you read it right....NO CA used, not even on the knot in the lower section! Did get a crack in the upper section, think it was from sanding heat? Not sure, but it gives it a little character and does NOT snag on a microfleece cloth so I let it go!

Thanks for looking! C&C welcome!!!!

Scott (everyone needs ten of these) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

had to comment on this before it slipped off the front page :biggrin:

Beautiful pen Scott, and so refreshing to see one which isnt coated in CA... the natural look of the wood is much more rewarding on occasion.

mach9

Great looking pen. Love the knot! I'm kind of looking for a CA alternative as it does take away from the wood "feel". I want to try that floor finish stuff that was on another thread.

Wingdoctor

Very nice Scott. I have turned a couple of your ERC blanks, crossgrain, and they turn out superb. I did CA mine but your finish is great.

Top Bottom