Earth Photochromic Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

I turned one of my Wolftat Photochromics Sunday. You never know what the heck you will find inside his blanks. They look non-descript on the outside unturned but they sure POP when you work them. My SO said that this one looked like the earth with oceans and continents. So I guess it is an Earth Pen!!

Wet sanded 150-1200 and MM-12,000 full cycle, Meguiar's Scratch X2.0 and PlastX Polish along with some Ren Wax.

The pen sure shimmers in sunlight. Too bad that can't be seen in the PIX.
scimg5376.jpg

scimg5378.jpg

scimg5379.jpg

scimg5380.jpg

Several peeps tried to snag it Sunday when I showed it. You have to keep a tight rein on the Wolftat Photochromics or they are GONE!!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PS The tubes are unpainted brass. I thought they would compliment the color scheme. Turns out that the opacity made that choice irrelevant.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

That is very nice. What a great surprise.

I like the shape you have on the cigar. Mine have been coming out to skinny. I need to fatten them up a bit.

David Keller

Very nice. It does have a ocean feel.

My only critique.... That pen needs a neutral/white background rather than the wood tone.

Buzzzz4

Love the photochromatics. Great pen! My wife keeps trying to snag the photochromatics I make. Guess i will have to get one just for her....and make her turn it!

Bree

Thanks guys. The person who really deserves the credit is Wolftat who made the blank. I don't know how he does it but he always has something special in his blanks.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice job on this one too Bree . I like Neils photochromic blanks too . He does have some great ideas when it comes to making those blanks .

bitshird

Bree that is a wild pen, I know what you mean about the photochromics not showing what they actually look like, I love turning Neils blanks, full of surprises

Bree

Bree that is a wild pen, I know what you mean about the photochromics not showing what they actually look like, I love turning Neils blanks, full of surprises

I just did my taxes and I plan on turning another one tomorrow or Friday!! The thrill of not knowing and the anticipation is killing me!!
:eek::eek::eek:

Top Bottom