Eaglized European

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rifleman1776

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

After months away from the lathe due to an injured shoulder, I finally turned another of the 'Eaglized' blanks. This is walnut and ash. I made it into a straight European. Dunno why. Just felt like the correct thing to do. Could have put a walnut center band in or made into another style, etc.. Just didn't,

20051120235059_Eagle%20pen.jpg

can't explain my actions. [:0] The finish turned out acceptable but I won't repeat method. Sanded through all the grits, starting with Klingspore Gold 220 and went up to Micro Mesh 12000. Tried to find Deft spray laquer but none available in my area. Instead used Minwax Helmsman spar urethane spray. Choose this after reading about how all those sweaty bodies eat up other popular finishes. This is tough, moisture resistant stuff. Went on with one spritz and did not need any help to get smooth. But, drawback, took almost three days to dry. More than two just to get dry 'to touch'. Comments invited.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by TomServo
<br />eagle should start making big chunks of these and slicing them up and selling them! fantastic pen!
Each one starts with 29 pieces of wood with 8 glue up sessions.
One blank at a time and they take 2&1/2 days if I time it right.
$20.00 and the price is going up.
I would like like to know the lengths of the pen they are intended for as easch one differs based on the style of the pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom