Eagle on Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from HoratioHornblower

Hello all, this is my 4th quarter and 3rd one on a pen. (3rd died a sad death) This is my second quarter with blades that actually worked! Comments and critiques are quite welcome! Actually the main reason that I am posting is for constructive criticism, so if you have an idea on how to improve anything please do share! The main problem I have is I can not seem to avoid dust landing on the blank while I am covering it with CA, and black is not very forgiving, so if someone has an idea on how to limit the dust exposure I would really appreciate it if you would share! Thanks everyone!

Sincerely,
David

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tokyotank

I dont like to pick other craftmans work apart but if you are looking for personal opinions I think the cap is to fat. Other than that I think it is awesome. Good job.

Brooks803

Overall I think it looks great! My constructive criticism would be to experiment with how you're attaching the metal to the barrel. All around the eagle there looks to be bubbles in the paint which is probably from the glue. Are you casting the tube in resin or applying CA to meet the bushings?

areaman

I think it looks wonderful. Love the eagle, but I do agree that the black stuff on the eagle takes a bit away from the looks.

Thanks everyone! I am using CA as I can't afford the clear resin road yet. (though I can't wait to be able to cast it in resin) That is why there are bubbles. (which drives me nuts) There actually is no black stuff on the eagle, it is my bad lighting... I agree on the cap, it is out of proportion with rest of the body. That is I believe the first pen that I have done that on, and the reason is that it takes A LOT of CA to make the top straight, so I usually round the top and bottom but I turned the bottom first and forgot to round it. I have done both straight and round bodied pens, and the round always gets a great response from people so for now I think I will stick with that unless someone requests otherwise. Thank you all for your input!

Sincerely,
David

Top Bottom