The Eagle has landed in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

I just got my order from Lazerlinez for the new Eagle Component set. They are really nice but I miss the ability to put a custom finial on this hardware. I have some of the recessed finials that I can do the custom finial on but will save them for special pens. Well here is the first of these that I have made that were called Eagle.

il_570xN.629729239_tmme.jpg

Hope you like it. This is Black Ash Burl from Michigan's Upper Peninsula..

C&C welcomes as always.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

The nib holding section is quite different then what I'm use to seeing....don't see a little 'bump' that typically keeps ones fingers from sliding towards the feed/nib. Kind of nice look.

The timber is stunning!!! Fit-n-finish look top notch as always!!!!

Scott (gonna make me find my BAB) B

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very nice kit and good match with the blank. As always, beautifully turned and finished.:)
What is the pen like to write with, if the cap is posted?
This kit looks like the ideal candidate to make a closed ended pen.

I am not sure what it is like to write with but it is nicely balanced even posted. I like the longer front barrel it really shows off a beautiful piece so wood.

I just ordered a board out of CA that is going to blow your mind. When it gets here I will post a few pens. I have been waiting for this shipment since the big sale and Constant was right on time with shipment, Thanks Constant.

BSea

I ordered a few kits back in April (I Think) when he had the 40% off sale. Mine have the removable finial piece. And the website still shows the finial. I sure hope the finial is at least an option down the road. If not, I may have bought my last eagles.

I love the pen though. Black ash burl is one of my favorites. The only thing that would be better is if it had the finial.:wink:

Last edited:

Ironwood

Very nice looking pens Mike. They are set off really well with that fancy burl.

I have some of these kits coming in the mail, hopefully my new lathe will be up and running when they arrive.

Top Bottom