Eagle Feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Yet another blank from the high flying master. Thanks to my friend
Eagle for this blank.All I did was turn a pen the art is his.

20083814420_1.jpg

2008381434_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

The fit and finish look great! I may be the only one to say this, however I see the blank as too conjested and kind of messy looking. OK, everybody attack me now for saying that about a blank eagle made.[:0]

IPD_Mrs

Roy - First I have to say that was pretty gutsy putting that with a Jr Gent Rhodium with the thin gold band. Guess what - It works well together. With that being said I notice that your nib seems in the photo to be all silver in color. I bet a SF nib from Heritage Pens would look well on it.

I also find myself liking the feather blanks with very slight curve to it as you have done in your Gent. Not sure which is harder on those blanks - holding your tongue out the right corner of your mouth when turning or finishing it! [:p]

BTW, be careful with the "art" term ... I think the prefered term is "craft" [^]

Well done both of you!

Mike & Linda

OKLAHOMAN

Linda and Mike, gutsy not by me I wanted Jr. Statesmen Bk titanium,but Diane who has better taste said to try a Rhodium jr. gent and the nib has already been changed as for art or craft, I'm a crafter of pens,he's and artist no matter what he says.
Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking

Roy - First I have to say that was pretty gutsy putting that with a Jr Gent Rhodium with the thin gold band. Guess what - It works well together. With that being said I notice that your nib seems in the photo to be all silver in color. I bet a SF nib from Heritage Pens would look well on it.

I also find myself liking the feather blanks with very slight curve to it as you have done in your Gent. Not sure which is harder on those blanks - holding your tongue out the right corner of your mouth when turning or finishing it! [:p]

BTW, be careful with the "art" term ... I think the prefered term is "craft" [^]

Well done both of you!

Mike & Linda

Jarheaded

What is the blank and what did it look like before you turned it? I like it a lot, but am having trouble picturing the overall look of the pen. It doesn't look like anything that I have seen before. That is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

VisExp

Great job on the pen and the blank! The color combinations are great and really compliment the kit chosen. I really like how the pattern fades from the cap down to the bottom of the pen.

What materials are the main blank and the inlays?

OKLAHOMAN

Johnnie,here is a picture before turning and Keith the blank is holly and the inlay is black veneer maple,cherry and unknown wood.
R2(Arthur) I can put you in touch with Eagle if you want PM me he will ship to Oz..

20083815023_efeather.jpg

Originally posted by Jarheaded

What is the blank and what did it look like before you turned it? I like it a lot, but am having trouble picturing the overall look of the pen. It doesn't look like anything that I have seen before. That is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

darrylm

I like how the feathers thin out as they move off the cap as well. Eagle does have an amazing abilty to create some truly fantastic designs.

Top Bottom