Eagle Feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

This is a second attempt at my version of Eagle's Feathers design. The materials are ebony, aluminum and some plastic I picked up on the job site about a year ago. The kit is a black ti. Jr. Gent.

There are some minor issues I'm still not happy with, but I'm pleased with the layout of the design.

Eagle was very much in my thoughts while I was in the workshop working on this blank.

As always your comments and critiques, good or bad, are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

1_JG-FP-BTi-0004.jpg

1_JG-FP-BTi-0004-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Keith, Eagle is smiling! Wonderful job any issues are well hidden so send it to me to examine and lets see if I can find the issues I promise I will maybe send it back :rolleyes::biggrin:.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Wow that is really nice!! Great job!

Just always try to remember, perfection is only for machine made pens. If it is hand made the slight imperfections are called "Character" and prove your devotion to the craft!!

GK

Freethinker

Keith;

Love the dynamic of the colors, love the match of the black ti. kit to the blanks.........this is just an absolute stunner of a pen.

Eagle would look very favorably on your efforts, I think.

coach

That is beautiful. The great thing about Eagle not writing up how to do all of his designs is that everyone must figure them out on their own. That is what he wanted us to all do and I know he smiles that some are still figuring out their own way!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!! Keith, you have done some really fantastic pens, but this is way up near the top of the list. :eek:

Hell, even your pics are great!!!!

There are TWO contests that you could enter.....Photo & Freestyle, so what are you waiting for? Or do you have something else up your sleeve!!!:wink:

workinforwood

I can see what you mean by the micro flaws in the lamination, but come on! It's a fantastic rendition that requires a lot of skill and patience. We are always our own worse critic. I think it's a smashing awesome pen and hope that you didn't make a blank like that for you local area chapter collaboration!!!

Steve...stop talking already or I'll never win anything anywhere!

VisExp

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Boy, I'll bet turning THAT pulled a little sweat onto the brow!!!

The turning wasn't that bad Ed. I was suprised at how aggresive I could make the cuts. Sanding was a nightmare though :mad: The aluminum stained the white plastic something terrible.

Eventually I gave up on sanding, made a couple passes with the skew to clean up and applied my finish.

Just always try to remember, perfection is only for machine made pens. If it is hand made the slight imperfections are called "Character" and prove your devotion to the craft!!

Thanks Greg, but a little to much "character" in this one :biggrin:

There are TWO contests that you could enter.....Photo & Freestyle, so what are you waiting for? Or do you have something else up your sleeve!!!:wink:

I'm keeping Jeff guessing :wink:

WOW I need some of that magical Florida water Keith it's beautiful, you and Steve never cease to amaze me, Y'all's da bomb.

I keep on telling you Ken, it's all in the water. Magic stuff, look what it even does to the fish :eek:

mermaids1.jpg

VisExp

I need help. I am making some double twist pens out of aluminum. How do I sand and polish them? Carl

Carl, I've not made an aluminum pen before, only aluminum segments. I would imagine you just need to sand through all the grits including micro mesh. I would polish it with something like Brasso. To protect the aluminum from tarnishing the best thing to do would be to clear powder coat it. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom