Dyed Thuya Burl Black TN Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nilsatcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilsatcraft

This is a black dyed Thuya Burl blank on a Black Titanium Cigar Pen. The dye worked out pretty well while still showing the figure of the blank through the finish. Finished with Spray Lacquer. The picture was a bit over exposed so the plating looks lighter than it is but you get the idea.

This pen was turned for the Pen Swap and has been sent off now. I thought the pen swap was a lot of fun. Draken did a great job at making me a nice Executive pen so I was really happy about that. Feel free to comment.

2006215155945_Black_Thuya.jpg

200621516020_Black_Thuya2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nilsatcraft

Thanks for the kinds words. The dye I used was some left over Chestnut Spirit Stain. I bought a sample pack a few years ago and still have some left. It's about the same as the Artisan stain, which is what I use when I turn at work. I hadn't turned a pen in a couple of months so it was good to turn another. I gues all of the Christmas orders burnt me out a bit.

mick

Nils the pen looks great and the finish looks flawless. I'm just not sure I like the color as well as the natural color of thuya. No offense meant thats just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions ...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom