Dyed Sponge Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hombre4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre4

Sometime ago I made a pen from a sponge, ugly thing too. Well everyone has been stabilizing with Acetone and plexi glass so I thought I would give it a try. Beside the pen is what the sponge looked like before stabilizing it in red plexi glass. Still not pretty, but different.

200698231323_dyedspongepen.jpg

nt.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Definetly unique, be proud of that one man! Creative!

Does anyone notice the WOMAN's face in that pen? It's small but it jumped out to me first thing. Look at the clip, up near the cap--there is a small face there--- red eyes and bit of an [:0] expression, and note the black on the sides, looks like hair. I dunno if it's neat or creepy, but it's certainly unique!

Good job--

alamocdc

Fish, I don't know what you've been taking, but I may want some![}:)]

Pushing the envelope nothing... that's definitely thinking outside the pen... and I like it.

jaywood1207

I like the looks and the idea. You beat me to it. I have been thinking about this idea for quite a while but don't have the capabilities to do it right now. I like the looks but would like to see something like a sea sponge that is only one colour. Might come out looking somewhat similar to a prickly pear with the plexi dyed.

angboy

Originally posted by redfishsc
<br />Does anyone notice the WOMAN's face in that pen? It's small but it jumped out to me first thing. Look at the clip, up near the cap--there is a small face there--- red eyes and bit of an [:0] expression, and note the black on the sides, looks like hair. I dunno if it's neat or creepy, but it's certainly unique!

Even though Billy can't see the woman, I can[^], so you're not alone. Must come from looking at too many Rorschach inkblots over the years! That response would get a moderately OK score[:)]. There's probably lots more things in there that people could find. Billy, you must see something- go ahead and share and I'll score you.

I don't think I'd ever be able to guess what this was made out of, but it is pretty neat. It'd definitely be a conversation starter for whoever was carrying it.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Very striking. I like it. And yes I see the woman too.

edit: After looking at it some more, it looks almost like red marble.

cozee

Uh, I not only seen the woman but also a doll, 2 clowns, a pig, a key, a jack-o-lantern and a hamster. How about a pic of the other side?!!!!![:D]

So what's my score???!!???!!!!
200691034125_INKBLOTS.jpg

Oops! The little white truck just drove up outside. Gotta Go!!!

(picture was downloaded and used for this purpose only. download has been deleted. Greg)

leehljp

Member Liaison
That pen is like looking at the clouds when I was a kid. I can see all kinds of things and it doesn't take too much imagination either. [:)]

myname1960

Now you know people you aren't suppose to eat the shavings that come off when turning the pens. [xx(]

Now with that being said its a very interesting looking pen.

cozee

Originally posted by cozee
<br />Uh, I not only seen the woman but also a doll, 2 clowns, a pig, a key, a jack-o-lantern and a hamster. How about a pic of the other side?!!!!![:D]

So what's my score???!!???!!!!
200691034125_INKBLOTS.jpg

Oops! The little white truck just drove up outside. Gotta Go!!!

(picture was downloaded and used for this purpose only. download has been deleted. Greg)

Oops! Spotted another clown! And without the shavings!!!!![:p][;)]

angboy

OK, here are your scores everyone:

Travis, you're OK[:D]- if I said otherwise, then I'd be saying it about myself too.

Cozee- you're in trouble[:0]! More than 3-4 answers per card/pen is indicative of obsessiveness, and you've got twice that many! Plus, assigning emotion to anything on the card/pen (evil) is bad... After all, this is a 2-dimensional inanimate thing...[;)]

leehljp- I can't tell- you see stuff but haven't shared- makes me suspicious of what you might be seeing that you don't want others to know you're seeing[8)].

No one so far is blatantly out of touch with reality, but if I start seeing answers with texture in them, then we're in big trouble. I'm a little concerned about txcwboy, that answer of carpet padding could involve texture, I'd have to probe [?][?] for a more detailed explanation of why it looks like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom