Dyed Box Elder Burl - Blue w/ Copper Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlkuehn

Banned
The last blue one I'm going to do for now, I'm going to start selling off these blanks now that I've got a handle on what the finished product looks like. All these blanks come out of the pot looking so different, it's hard to tell what's underneath! :)

Time to move on to a few more colors. The violet ones turned out really pretty, but I've not made any pens with it yet. I'm in the process of a red one and a goldenrod one, both promise to be nice with the flame/hard wood streaking.

I haven't been able to figure out why yet, but this wood seems to turn much easier after it's been dyed. Maybe the DNA? Dunno, could be because I finally got the grinder and my tools are sharper more of the time. [?] *shrugs*

This is a copper slimline per customer's request, finish is CA/BLO (of course!)

BoxElderFlameBurlDyed5_1.jpg

BoxElderFlameBurlDyed5_2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

simomatra

Nice pen Karl

Nothing wrong with a slim line I have customers that do really prefer them, not every one like the big ones.[^]

The dyed effect lloks ggod but I still prefer the natural.

Ypur photograpy is really good, what camera are you using?

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by simomatra
<br />
Ypur photograpy is really good, what camera are you using?

Still using my old Nikon Coolpix 995 3.3 megapixel. As long as the batteries hold out and I can still get compact flash cards, I really like it. Nice and big, easy to get my paws on it.

Nikon.jpg

I don't like the dinky new ones at all. My wife's little Kodak Easyshare bazillion megapixel thing keeps getting stuck under my fingernail when I try to push just one button at a time. heh

Marc Phillips

Excellent... really a nice looking pen!

I like the way the bulge in the lower barrel isn't in the center of the barrel... makes the whole pen look very classy to me...

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Karl your dye work is great. I just don't understand why you always put two pens in your photos! [;)]

Yeah, you think that's bad, you should see all the trouble I have to go through to get perfectly book-matched blanks! [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom