Dyed BEB from Bear Tooth Woods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tea Clipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea Clipper

I've been wanting to try out the new colors from Ernie at BTW for awhile now, but just never seemed to get around to it. Well, a customer placed an order with me for two perfect fit pencils and selected two of his new colors. So now I have my chance. :D

I've used Bill's blanks plenty of times and will continue to do so, however Ernie's blanks brings a lot of cool new colors to the mix and I will be adding more of his to my line up. Cutting the blanks open, I was pleased to see that the color fully penetrated the blank. Unlike Bill's, these blanks don't seem to be as heavily resin impregnated and thus when turned don't smell as bad. Unfortunately the blue one (Blue Rhapsody) started to fall apart on me when I was getting close to size, so I had to use CA to keep it together. The pink one (Rose Petal) didn't have any problems. Whether the near blow out was due to less resin or just a punky blank I'm not sure yet, so Ernie - send me a bunch more blanks for me to analyze. ;)

Anyway, I'm real happy with the way these turned out, and I look forward to trying out the many other colors available.

Thanks Ernie! :)

200781910582_perfect-fit-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom