The Duke

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

This is a new kit from Aaron at Lau Lau Woodworks. He calls it "The Duke", and I think it makes a nice looking pen. The kit seems to be quite solid and uses the Jr Gent bushing.

This is turned from York Gum Burl (I think :rolleyes:) and finished with CA, but I backed off the shine with a final light pass of 2000 mm.

-Barry

Attachments

• York Gum Duke.jpg
    York Gum Duke.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mmm, I think I like that kit. It seems to have enough detail to be interesting but not have too much bling like some of the modern kits.
Are the two tone nib and finial smooth or grooved? I can't really tell with my poor connection

Nicely made Barry:)

leehljp

Member Liaison
In addition to being a nice pen with the wood choice, the finishing process that you gave it looks great!

I looked at the pen before reading and thought - Oh it has a natural wood finish, probably with wax. But then I read your post. Great protection and wood look too!

broitblat

Mmm, I think I like that kit. It seems to have enough detail to be interesting but not have too much bling like some of the modern kits.
Are the two tone nib and finial smooth or grooved? I can't really tell with my poor connection

Nicely made Barry:)

Thanks, Steven.

There is some dimension to the two-tone sections, so they are grooved.

-Barry

Top Bottom