An Duin'-uasal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KiltedGunn

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
"from the Scottish Gaelic duine meaning a "man", and "uasal" meaning "gentle, noble, or of good birth"."

"A Highland Gentleman of learning and influence"

I've never been much for "naming" pens but I thought this worked!

After several failed attempts at putting tartan onto a pen, I decided to give labels a whirl and I'd have to say they exceeded my expectations!

I've still got a couple more ideas for trying real tartan but, for now, these are off to the Clan Gunn Society NA where I might drum up a wee bit o' custom!

They are a Blk Ti Jr Gent II and a Sierra Click in Gunn Ancient tartan with the Gunn crest. My pics aren't great (or even very good!) but I tried several different backgrounds for marketing. The one with the bonnet needs a different color background, but I'm liking the rest.

Whatcha think? :cool:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Hmmm...me neither Glycerine! :eek:

I see them when I preview the message, but not when I post it. Guess they're oversized...back in a flash!

And for those of you who are, please forgive any pretentiousness on my part...I'm not a Scot, simply an American of Scottish descent! :wink:

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Let's try one pic at a time, shall we?

Attachments

• Gunn Ancient pens on Bonnet small.jpg
    Gunn Ancient pens on Bonnet small.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 254

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Okay, that seemed to work...maybe two at a time?

Attachments

• Gunn Ancient pens on Gunn Ancient small.jpg
    Gunn Ancient pens on Gunn Ancient small.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Gunn Ancient pens on Gunn Weathered small.jpg
    Gunn Ancient pens on Gunn Weathered small.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 170

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks! When I trimmed the label, I trimmed on one of the black lines and then ran a black sharpie down the edge before I stuck it down. It seemed to work well!

Last edited:

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Good job and even better it's good to see folks stick to a design concept and keep trying different techniques to succeed at it.

bgibb42

Nice! The labels look just like the real thing. The pens in the second picture almost blend into the fabric background. Awesome work!

Fred

Lee ... I also like what you have made and displayed here. Excellent work all the way around. :biggrin:

Two problems though ... 1st] The finish is so shiny :eek: that I can't really make out the fine details that must be there due to the glare from lighting, and 2nd] I agree with Caden as to the busy background.

I would suggest that you use indirect lighting to try and avoid most of the glare from your fine finishes, and, also to put the pens on a solid background for photographic clarity. Be sure to get as much of the pen in each photograph so we can all see details you have in the fine workmanship you are showing us here.

Use the tartan background and the bag background for use at a booth. Together that should get you noticed ... especially if you are there playing the pipes for all the visitors to enjoy! :)

Top Bottom