Dug out my 10 year old camera!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mikie

Mikie

I dug out my 10 year old camera from the attic. After trying for hours to get a reasonable image. Any advise or opinions very welcome. I made the pen yesterday, it's Pink Ivory and Bethlehem Olive Wood. I started turning earlier this year, so still enjoying experimenting.

Attachments

• MG1.jpg
    MG1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 304
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mikie

Yup, who made and carved the box!
I bought the box a a local store, they sell a lot of south American items. I managed to get a few, but they won't let me place an order! :(

Janster

Camera seems fine. IMHO the box detracts from your "Nice Lookin'" pen! The pen doesn't pop against that prop. Be well................Jan

JohnGreco

It looks like the camera focused on the box instead of the pen, which may be partly why people are finding themselves looking at the box- the detail on it is more crisp. Pen looks well done though!!

BSea

One thing I'd do is crop the picture before resizing to show the same sized picture, but a closer look at the box & pen. I agree that the box looks more in focus than the pen. That's a depth of field issue. Try using a smaller f stop & longer exposure. If you're stuck with shooting in automatic mose, move further back. Don't use any zoom feature.

I do think the pen is beautiful but I think the box is a total distraction from it. That pen can stand on its own, it is really nice don't let the box take the spotlight.

Top Bottom