For the Duck Hunters!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I recently obtained some domestic raised mallards from the local hunt club and one deal I made was to get a donation for the local Ducks Unlimited Banquet next week. The first two are Mallare drake and hen feathers from their ducks. The last one was an idea I wanted to try with old duck stamp replicas. They were resized to fit the sierra tube since the real duck stamps are twice this size and would wrap around the tube too much, making it harder to see the images. All comments welcome. Thanks

Attachments

• ducks_800x382.JPG
    ducks_800x382.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 365
  • duck stamp_640x600.JPG
    duck stamp_640x600.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 373
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricJS

John, those pens are incredible!

I love your feather blanks & had to have one. They look really good in photos, but I was blown away with how beautiful they are in person!

SDB777

Would have made for some really expensive blanks if the stamp were not reproduced:eek: I checked into some of them a while back and WOW, they are sure proud of them!

BTW, I like the stamp blank!! Looks good!!!

Scott

JohnU

Thanks for the comments. Duck feathers are not fun to play with at all, way to small and too much fuzz. lol

I agree that the stamps would have been worth much more if they were real. I only had a few myself and was afraid to mess them up. lol Besides, the older stamps I copied had better images than the realistic pictures they use today. These were all from the
50's and 60's if I recall correctly. I like the painted look over the photo look. Not to mention the real stamps are much larger than I could have used. Thanks again for all the comments.

Top Bottom