Duck Call for my son

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tom McMillan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom McMillan

This is the second call I've made. This'll be my son's Christmas gift. Made this from a nice piece of fiddleback maple I got from Hut when I purchased several calls and a few other call blanks.

20041222201639_duckcall%20009.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KKingery

Gary - the blanks (if you buy them) come in 2 pieces. The large piece is @ 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 4, and the small end is 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 2 - you turn them separately, not at the same time. You have to turn the large end first, then the smaller piece. The instruction explain it all, but you have to test fit the small piece into the larger end a few times to make sure you get the correct diameter & fit. They're actually pretty easy to make. I've got one in my album also if you want to take a look.

KKingery

Tom - That is a good look for the call. I just ordered the fiddleback maple blanks myself. Tell me, do you put in the dbl reed or just the single one that comes in the kit? (Most folks down here want the dbl reed) - but you can charge more of course!

Tom McMillan

Thanks guys---No Ken, I used what came with the call---I'm sure Bill knows a lot about the reeds since I think he makes a lot more than me. Yes, Ken I think you'll like the fiddleback---was nice to work with!!! I'd like to do more---they are fun---and there are a lot of hunters around these parts. If I do, I will have to do more research on the reeds.---And, Bill you do turn them on a PEN mandrel---right?? And I did find them fun to make---and could well see where it could become as addictive as penturning----woops---gotta watch this mouth of mine, before it gets us both in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom