Duchess in Tru-Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from propencity

propencity

My first try at this kit. Did not like the gold nib that went with this set; I decided to mix the chrome nib from another kit. Very light-weighted pen even with the tru-stone blank. Thanks for looking.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arw01

not much of a fan of gold pen parts myself. Nice change and a sharp pen. Had a lady tell me today the Baron is too heavy, which does not surprise me any. Bet this type of pen would have lit her up!

propencity

Hi James. I wasn't too keen on having too much gold plating... reason for why I replaced the nib with chrome. The gold clip I thought was enough to blend with the gold-webbing tru-stone blank. The gold around the crystals was a bit much; I wish that could have been done more with chrome/silver etching instead of the gold. I think it's a fairly new kit in the market and only time will tell to see if the plating will hold. But for the price on the kit and considering it gives another alternative other than the slimline for the light-weight class, I'll give it a try and see how it receives.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Awesome pictures and nice job on the pen (boy that black truestone is a messy to work with, isn't it).

However, that being said - I know the customer is always right if this sells, but ewwww.. That kit does nothing for me.

PenMan1

Nice job!

I made exactly this same pen. I bought a 6 pack of these simply because I keep hearing from women that they wanted something small but elegant. My female custmers dont care for the Diva or Princess.

I am NOT impressed the platings! I have sample pens out with heavy users, but so far it doesn't look promising. The gold model is already showing signs of plating wear after only two weeks.

If this set was made available in TN gold and Rhodium, I'd likely buy these by the hundred. Additionally, since I'm merely wishing, I'd design it with a Parker refill.

Top Bottom